Eagles survive Dynamos fire to reach the semis of Airtel top-8 cup


By Antony Isaiah Jr:……

Blue Eagles have survived Dedza Dynamos fire at Dedza Stadium to reach the semifinals of the Airtel Top-8 Cup season five as Clement Nyondo’s brace was not enough to propelled the Salima Sugar Sponsored side to the next stage.

The Area 30-based Policemen must be proud of a tremendous job that they did at their home ground a fortnight ago by beating Dedza Dynamos 3-0, otherwise, the tie was on the verge of turning against them at Dedza Stadium.

The game ended 3-2 in favour of Blue Eagles and they will face Mighty Mukuru Wanderers whose technical panel [Mark Simon Harrison, Albert Mpinganjira] were in attendance of the game.

𝐍𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨’𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐄𝐚𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬’𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐚𝐥𝐬

Catching eyes of big team’s is not coming as fortune but its a reward for the former Karonga United striker, Clement Nyondo who was the main man in today’s Dedza’s insufficient 2-0 victory over Blue Eagles.

He nearly stab Blue Eagles in the first stages of the game before Dedza registered their first attempt as Ian Chinyama for Blue Eagles committed a foul outside the penalty area. Promise Kamwendo tried a Rashford style of free-kick but his effort flew over the bar before being denied a penalty by referee Zebron Lengan after being fouledby goalkeeper, John Soko.

The knocking for the striker came to an end in the second half as he broke the deadlock lavishly. Former Civo Service United midfielder, Victor Lungu had an advanced clever pass and striker just pilfered the ball over John Score to score in Vincent Aububakar style in Cameroon’s famous 1-0 win over Brazil in Qatar in the 65th minute.

He extended his tally in the 90th minute after combining well with Promise Kamwendo and he just headed home to make it 2-0 for Dedza on the day but 3-2 on aggregate.

𝐀𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐝𝐳𝐚 𝐃𝐲𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝

Before the game, Coach Dan Dzimkambani said it was possible for them to turn the tables and scoring more than three goals was the target for the hosts.

Their agony Mighty be exacerbated when they revisit their memory on how Zebron Lenganu paid a blind eye and turned defeat eye to their penalty call in the first half.

The Stadium was sent into disbelief state as Dedza were denied a penalty. Clement Nyondo battled for the ball with Eagles’ goalkeeper John Soko and he won it before being pulled down in the penalty area- an incident that fans and Dedza Dynamos’ Coach Dan Dzimkambani said was worthy penalty and Red card for Soko for an offence of denying a scoring opportunity.

Sports analyst Charles Nyirenda on Zodiak during the commentary duty, blasted the Football Association for failing to provide enough security in their games as there was skirmishes at the stadium

The fans were battling with the security men to break into the pitch after seeing thst the referee’s decision were against them.

“Fam sikupereka chitetezo. Ma game a Fam security ikumavuta kwambiri. Sitinachoke ku Lilongwe kudzanenerera zimene zikuchitka kunja kwa ground. Wayambitsa zonsezi ndi referee, there was a penalty for Dedza koma referee sanapereke. A very good game, yeniyeni ngati ya World Cup. Koma awa apakhomo akuyenera kuupeza,” quoted the Grandmaster.

One word was circulating before this game – “revenge”. Dedza came into the grudge match with hopes of avenging the defeat that they suffered in their last two meetings- they lost 4-0 in Super League and 3-0 in the first leg of Airtel Top-8 Cup.

While reprimanding the officiation, the Hosts must also scrape their heads as to why did they allow to lose the first leg with such margin- Airtel Top-8 ties are most of the times decided by first leg results, statistics reveal. Since it started in 2017, no team have managed to overcome the first leg results in the quarterfinal phase.

Lameck Gamphani headed Mathews Zaulombo’s free-kick over the bar and Donny Mwakasinga who was in goals had to deny Eagles from scoring- had Eagles scoring first, Dedza would be out of the game earlier.

He left his goals to defend against Eagles right winger, Richard Rapson in the 6th minute before executing his duties fabulously to deny Blue Rapson who connected them the ball from a Gaddie Chirwa cross.

He kept away Micium Mhone’s long drive before denying Richard Rapson just minutes before the break.

Getting the goal with more than 25 minutes to go energised the players and they pushed to level the scores but Eagles must be thankful to their an obdurate defence and the distinguished performance by John Soko.

The hosts, after getting the second goal were more charged to get the equalising goal hence vomiting fire that was well ceased by Eagles.

Dedza have become the second team to lacerate more than a goal against Blue Eagles after Nyasa Big Bullets Reserve in the FDH Bank Cup.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *