The Football Association of Malawi, Fam has on Monday, revealed that the 2023 African Cup of Nations Group D qualifiers, between Malawi, the Flames will Ethiopia has grossed K72.7.

According to the Fam Commercial and Marketing Director, Limbani Matola, the record breaking gate collection would have have been better if not for some fans who entered into the stadium for free after overpowering the security checks.

Matola added that the Association has made a Profit of over K50 Million Kwacha after spending K19 in organising the match and meeting other logistics.

According to the report released on Monday evening, the ticketing and sales commission costed K12, 521,000, while Security got paid K3, 572,000.

The Association also spent a total of K1,994, 580 on First Aid System and VIP Guest Hospitality costed K1,570,000.

In total, all expenditures costed Fam K19, 657,580.

From the net revenue, ground levy pocketed K13, 251,605 representing 25% of the total revenue while Government through Sports Council got K2, 650, 321 as their 5% portion. The Chiwembe based Fam got K37,104,494 which represents 30% of the total revenue.

On the matchday, over 42,000 spectators beat Bingu National Stadium’s full capacity to watch the entertaining game.

The figure has beaten the K51 Million that was grossed during the inaugural Airtel Top 8 final in 2017 between Silver Strikers and Mighty Wanderers and the K49 Million which was raked in during the TNM Super League game between Nyasa Big Bullets and Mighty Wanderers in 2019.

However, Football analysts are not contented with the figure saying mathematically, over K7 Million is missing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *